Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Every Ounce Is Sweetness

Truly. 


I went through a major phase when I wanted "sweet" to be one of the words people would use to describe me.  You know those "sweet" people.  We all know them.  We all want to be them.  I eventually gave up on that feat.  It just wasn't in my DNA...

.....FALSE, I tell you.  Every ounce of sweetness I had was put into this little girl.  Because she is PURE SWEETNESS.  At the expense of sounding cheesy....not possible.  This baby girl is so sweet, she makes me cheesy!  It literally feels like my heart melts with each of her smiles.  I can't not stop what I'm doing when she sends one my way.

Meredith, if you ever come back and check out our blog to count how many pictures we took of you vs. Riggs, a) I apologize, it really is true....it's so much tougher with the second and b) I know we maybe didn't throw you a big, fancy party for your first birthday or hold much of an event of any kind, but me, your dad, and your brother were (and I'm sure still will be) totally whooped for you and would have thrown you any party you wanted had you just been able to talk:)  The funny thing is, you're just so sweet I get the feeling you are going to be totally happy with the turkey burgers (I know, we didn't even do beef!) and raspberry bread pudding.  Because you just came that way.  Sweet.

We love you Sis!




















6 comments:

Suzanne said...

All I have to say is that Baby Mer is adorable! Cute pictures to all that sweetness and happy, happy birthday. I hope to meet her someday :)

Lindsay & Josh said...

She truly is beautiful - just like her mom! Happy Birthday Mere!

The Winns said...

She is such a doll and I'd love to give her a huge hug!

David and Teresa said...

She is a cutie for sure. I can't believe she is all ready one!! Before you know it she will be graduating from HS!! Enjoy every smile. Miss you Les.. Thanks for sharing pics of your beautiful daughter. She's a keeper.

Jenny said...

I love her!!! I hope my little girl is half as cute/sweet as her!!!

Adrienne said...

Love this post and love sweet little Mere. For the record I'm sure she loved hanging with you guys better than any big, stressful b-day bash. I can't wait to give her a squeeze in five weeks!