...I was 16. Wow. I was a sophomore in high school. Had just earned my driver's license. Somehow suckered ma and paps into letting me drive to Portland with Lindsay Shumaker (now Hart) to go to my first concert - Reba McEntire and Brooks & Dunn. It was a dream. I believe it was also my favorite year of high school basketball. We made the state tournament for the first time in school history - lost our 2nd game in on a horrid call by some ref that turns out to be a sub from the other team's school (stupid LaGrande). It was a decade ago that I was also okay with wearing my hair entirely too long. I believe it fell to just above my rear end - my braid could give me a black eye during basketball or volleyball games. Oh, and I think I discovered hair dye back then too.
5 things on my to-do list today...
- Cross off anything I've accomplished on my to-do list - that's the best part of to-do lists.
- Likely start a new to-do list that falls under a different category of my life like - home decorating to-do list, or a books I want to read to-do list, or development of new talents to-do list, etc.
- Finish picking-up/cleaning the house before we take off for CA.
- Make some final calculations on the probability I have to win my work's March Madness pool.
- Tell Trevor somethings he needs to add to his to-do list:)
- A bonus #6 - Finishing up our surprise for Ev and Whit.
What I would do if I were suddenly a billionaire...
I'd start by giving a chunk of it to BYU, so they can have competitive coaching salaries for their sporting programs. Then I'd buy a professional sports team and include just one stipulation in my contract with the general manager - that being, my husband is on the team and is guaranteed 1 minute of playing time each game. Then I'd pay off any debt we have.....and what the heck, any debt my entire family has, create a small fund of excess cash for Trevor to invest in his weird ideas so I am relieved of the stress that causes me, and use the rest to make this world a better place!!! Oh, maybe I'd give or buy myself a book deal too- I've always wanted to write a book.
Places I've lived...
In the heart of my husband for the past 20 years (he told me to put that).
Cedar Hills, Oregon
Salt Lake City, Utah
Things most people don't know about me...
That I have an amazing husband (he told me to put that). I really dislike things that have a bad texture - dust, bananas, orange juice with pulp. I have one bowling and two go-cart trophies. I can't spell well. Once I beat Evan four times in a row in ping pong. I don't ever get surprised, although Trevor has done it many times on a very large scale (he told me to put that - the second part).