Thursday, November 27, 2008

Day of Thanks

I've really been lovin' life lately (and livin' it) so I thought it would only be appropriate to share a few things for which I am thankful. I have lived a very blessed life and am truly grateful for the following, in no particular order.
  • Intramural sports - "Wait, you're not a student any more," you say. While technically correct, that has not stopped me from participating. This fall I played flag football, soccer (ugh), doubles tennis, and co-ed basketball. Brandon is on all my teams and Lesley and Mere on the b-ball team. We have lost in every sport except in basketball. In that tournament we are 1 win away from the championship game. I dislocated my shoulder in our last game so hopefully Thanksgiving break will give me time to recover. But competing in sports makes me very happy.
  • Utah - This has been the Year of Utah for us. We have tried to get out and see what there is to see in Utah. We went to southern Utah, have been camping a few times, went to Yellowstone (not Utah, but close enough), and I recently camped out in a cave with the young men on an island on the Great Salt Lake (Stansbury Island). I really enjoy the area in which we live and am grateful for the great outdoors found here.
  • Family - Brad and Mandy are here with their kids right now and it's been a blast. We've also seen the return of the Droid this summer, spent some time seeing the quickly growing Riley and some other good times with the whole family in Oregon, Utah, and Yellowstone. I'm especially thankful for my parents and other family members that taught me the Gospel. Family, isn't it about......time.
  • In-laws - Brandon and Meredith have been a great blessing in our lives. It's so great to have them close by to play sports with, watch sports with, talk about sports with, and just spend time with. We're lucky to have them close by for the time being. Ev and Whit are close enough to get to see fairly often too which has been great. Watch out Rexburg, we'll be leave our mark in December. Adge & Steve are always great mentors and advisors. And Jason & Pam are about the best in-law parents you could ask for. They're nothing but supportive, loving, and helpful. I'm very grateful for my in-laws.
  • Richard Chapman - This is Whitney's father for those who don't know him. He and I have really strengthened our relationship over the last few months (ie- football season) and I am thankful for his daily texts. I'm also excited to see "$Dad$" in Rexburg in December.
  • My loving wife - Of all the things I am grateful for, this one tops the list. Lesley continues to amaze me every day. She's so smart and funny and caring and patient. She's my best friend, my closest confidant, my biggest fan, my favorite post-game game breakdown listener, and the best female athlete I know. I love everything we can do together and talk about, as well as all the things she teaches me. I am very, very, very thankful for my wife. I still wonder sometimes how we actually ended up together, but not a day passes that I'm not grateful that we did. I love you Les.
I'm sure you all have many things for which you are thankful and I'm even thankful for Thanksgiving which allows/forces me to take stock of all the blessings I have been given. Life is good.

4 comments:

JSC said...

Great list of things and people for whom you are grateful. The phto with 3 in the air is wonderful.

Go Beavers!

Jason

Evan said...

Great post Trev. And we are all grateful for you. I think I will do a similar post, thank you for your inspiration. Good luck tomorrow on black friday, may you find some great deals.

Adrienne said...

We are grateful for you, Trevor, and missed you during Lesley's recent visit. I'm almost positive whenever I confided in Jocy that Lesley was coming she replied with "Trevor."

BAja said...

https://www.cekaja.com/info/12-cara-menghilangkan-bau-badan