...........that Michael J. Fox has never been in a bad movie.
Doc Hollywood? Way underrated. Secret of My Success? Brilliantly comedic. Back to the Future I, II, and III? I think we all know how those turned out. Sure, sure, you may find a bad movie where he's a side character, but when he's the lead, the movie is awesome. My case in point is the movie Teen Wolf.
First off, I LOVE THIS MOVIE. Teen Wolf is the Mean Girls of the 1980's, just subtract the mean girls and add in a teen wolf. I hadn't seen this movie in at least 10 years but I DVR'd it the other day to retest my Michael J. Fox theory. And whattaya know? The theory stands.
While watching it, I came up with 5 reasons why you should watch this movie:
- The music – if you love 80's music, you'll love the soundtrack. If you don't love 80's music, you'll love the soundtrack. There is more "uh-oh-I-think-mischief-is-
about-to-happen" music than I thought possible.
- The Coach – he is the funniest character in the movie. Period.
- The fat teammate – he's just plain awesome. You may also remember him from Pee Wee's Big Adventure.
- The basketball scenes – they replay the same clips from different angles and try to pass them off as different moves and parts of the game. It's pretty tight. So each game montage has about 3-5 plays that get reshown to portray the "whole game." My favorite is the behind the back scoop shot.
- Michael J. Fox – he's nerdy as Scott, he's cool as the wolf, and he's lovable as both. I'm telling you, this guy is cinematic gold!
And for those of you that think I'm kidding…..I'm not. Test my Michael J. Fox theory for yourself. Teen Wolf is worth the 3 bucks or whatever it costs to rent. Or set your DVR for the next time it's on tv. This movie will make you a better father, mother, brother, sister, son, daughter, and friend. You will be a better person for having watched the Teen Wolf.
If you still want some more Teen Wolf, the clip below gives you pieces of #1, #3, #4, and a little #5. Enjoy.